Ginger-Peach Pork
Ginger Spice Rub for Pork:
1 tbsp each of ginger, garlic powder and onion powder
1tsp sea salt
Crust pork in the spice rub. You'll have some left over. No worries.
Add: 2 mashed up peaches (I used jarred peaches that my mom preserved last summer - nothing added) and 1/2 cup white wine.
Cook for 8 hours at 215F. Leave the pork to sit and breath while you reduce down the drippings in a sauce pan. Add more wine if desired. Once this is done, shred the pork and then pour the reduction on the pulled pork and enjoy.
So, ate this for a late "breakfast" at around noon along with a tomato and macadamia nut mayo. Something that looks like this will also be my "lunch".
For the party tonight, I'm bringing braised beef ribs. And they're MADE WITH MEAD. Oh yeah....
Braised Drunk Beef Ribs
First, crust your beef ribs in a mix of garlic, onion, sea salt and pepper:
Then, in a very hot cast iron skillet, quickly sear each side. We're talking kissing the pan for only a few seconds:
While your skillet is still hot, take a cup of either wine (or in this case, mead) and pour it in. Stir it up to get the drippings, then pour over the meat.
After that, layer in a good quality pot (I heart my Le Creuset pot). At this point, I add MacKay's sweet onion relish. It's NOT paleo because of the sugar in it but it's lovely and I'm about to dump a cup of liquor on these anyways so I'm not getting picky here. For gluten-avoiders, some brands of this kind of product (Mrs. Bridges, I'm looking at you) are made with malt vinegar. The MacKay stuff is fine.
Cook for 6 hours at 275F (or 4 hours at 300F) - it doesn't matter. Then, you're going to reduce the drippings and then pour the reduction over the ribs and serve.
And here is the finished product.
I brought none home.
At the party, I had Hardcore's infamous bacon sweet potato pie and dark chocolate bark along with Kim Fly's delicious Christmas brussel sprouts (HATE brussel sprouts but DANG these are good), my mead ribs, Sarah's garlicy roast beasty goodness and Marcia's chocolate coated bacon (sweet+salty=win). And I want Hardcore to be my personal chef. I could only pay her in adoration, though.
Impromptu rest day. At work until at least 6:00 and then the CFR Christmas party after. Tomorrow now looks like it's a triple (oi!) so a day of rest in advance is probably not gonna kill me.
Sleep: 12:00 until 8:30. Day off work but have to go in from 1:00-6:00. Time of year is bloody nuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment