Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Out of soup. Next up... Italian Stew

It's not quite as good as the soup but it's still pretty yummy.

 Italian stew, it's what's for breakfast, lunch and moar lunch.


Massive Pot of Italian Stew

In a pot, saute:
1.5kg lean ground beef
1/4 cup coconut oil
one diced red onion.

Reduce heat. and add:
2 coloured bell peppers
6 diced zucchini
1 large container sliced mushrooms
3 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans tomato paste
1 jar sundried tomatoes, diced (packed in OLIVE oil)
6 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup red wine
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp chili garlic paste
3 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp dried basil

Cover and allow to simmer on the stove until the veggies are soft and the flavours have mingled.  Adjust seasoning as needed (I like it quite flavourful with some heat). Makes a massive pot.  Really.  I have an oversized Lagostina dutch oven and it filled it to the brim.


And for supper (at 10:30 at night...) I had my last bowl of soup.  Mmmm...

Sleep: 11:00 p.m. until 7:40 but around 8 hours as I tossed and turned for a bit before being able to fall asleep.  I will adjust to an 11:00 bedtime, dammit!

REST DAY!  I feel really good.  Not stiff at all.  Good energy.  Hammie is a bit tight from yesterday's squats but no aching or any pain.  Going to do some mobility work tonight to loosen it up a bit.

No comments: