
Um... really, do I even need to come up with something pithy to describe these? I think not. I think you can just gaze upon them and soak in the glory.
For more information on these puppies, visit the the manufacturer.
Edited to add:
WOD today was tabata style in honour of the pregger CrossFitters we've got going to our gym and the fact that one of them (who is awesome) came in for a WOD on her due date. She just gave birth to 9lbs of healthy, bouncing baby boy today.
The Water Breaker
4 minutes of Tabatas (20 sec on, 10 sec off) at each station:
1. Tabata Tire Flips (2 people can flip tire back and forth)
2. Bottom Squat Hold (this means you hold the bottom squat for the 20 seconds of work; 1 point for every second of holding, -5 for standing before the buzzer)
3. Ring Rows
4. Wall Ball - 20/14lb
5. Bell Swings - 55/35lb
I managed 358 reps. Not stellar but that's okay. I don't remember ring rows being that hard... After was oly club. We did 4 sets of cleans @ 60% max from the high hang, hang and floor. I used 75lbs. After was 1 rep max jerk @ 75, 85, 95, 105, 115, 120lbs (PR!). This was followed by 3x3 clean pulls to the scarecrow position at 110 percent of max. I tried and tossed the bar into my rib cage. So, I started at 95lbs to learn the movement then went up to 105, 115 and 125lbs (my 1RM clean). After that was 3x3 snatch grip deadlifts @110% max snatch weight (85lbs... um, these were kind of silly but that's my own fault for having a terrible 1RM snatch). So, it was a great night.
Oh, and I discovered Larabars today. I kind of wish I hadn't. They are freaking delicious, while being paleo friendly. Unfortunately, they might be too delicious.
3 comments:
Was surfing the web tonight and found out you're posting again - LOVE IT! Good job on your jerk PR, and also stellar performances on the HERO wods last week. I've been trying to talk Ange into going paleo with me, but she wants to wait until after summer and her birthday in September. Hmm... what to do...
Uh, what is a Larabar and how is anything ending in "bar" Paleo-friendly?
Robin, couldn't we be doing Paleo together? You know, since we share a fridge?
I saw this post the other day Leya, but I have no clue what to say about those shorts.
Post a Comment