LOVE this!
Okay, so IF nearly killed me. Or, at least, IF on the same day as Helen nearly killed me. And by nearly killed me, I mean that I sucked most royally at Helen and wanted to die sometime around round two, which is sad. Sad. Sad. Sad. So, now I want to do Helen again only with not having spent a large part of the day not eating food.
I would like to note, however, that I'm not going to give up on IF completely. From all that I've read about it, it sounds like a smart plan that should work, especially considering my aversion to portion control, counting, measuring, logging or bothering with macronutrient ratios. And it works for many CrossFitters who are nine million times more awesome at CrossFit than myself - Caity Matter for one, Robb Wolf another. These are people who DON'T suck at Helen. It has to work, just not the method I chose for myself. Regardless, I am now too close to Qualifiers to continue tinkering with it, obviously incorrectly. I may make an ass out of myself in Calgary in a few weeks, but I will be the best damned ass I can be.
So, I am continuing with the almost cave-girl plan (mmm, cheese) but will be a very well-fed one.
11 comments:
Hey Leya, what is the purpose of intermittent fasting? Link??
A picture is worth a thousand words. That Paleo video is awesome.
Here are a few links with information regarding IF:
Intermittent Fasting 101
Robb Wolf's Blog Articles
thanks Brad
Hey! Brad just let me in on your little secret blog. Very well written. You kinda make me feel bad. Hopefully I'll have something worth reading on there again soon.
I love your articles and the video was awesome. FYI, I made the ginger chicken out of the Paleo book last night. It was pretty good but needed hot sauce to liven it up. Then it was really good dumped into a can of tomatoe soup. (the canned soup ain't really Paleo but neither are night shifts).
I am interested in the IF. I don't remember it being mentioned at our cert and I hadn't read about it before.
Look after Kurt's leg and keep him motivated. I saw his post from what he did yesterday. The man is an animal.(also a great time to be working on HSPUs!
Sorry Leya - I've been stalking your blog for the last while and let Brad know about it...he let Chris know about it....just think of how many readers you'll have soon!! Tyler will be oh so jealous!! Great blog though!!! I'm currently living cavegirl + cheese vicariously through you...does that count?
I am living caveman+popcorn +milk+protien bars+powder. I just limit the quanities.
Wow, I ignore my blog for a week and y'all find it! Heh!
Shannon, it's hard to be jealous of Leya attracting a bigger audience, since this blog is actually sharing stuff of value, whereas mine is the blog equivalent of the junk food the fat dude in the video eats, meaning it's occasionally tasty but of little real value.
I've come to terms with that.
I completely forgot you have this blog. It's like you have this other life that doesn't revolve around my needs.
Post a Comment