I got my start following Body for Life, which preaches the six meals a day doctrine. I also dabbled with Cosgrove's Afterburn and the Schuler/Cosgrove spectacularness that is The New Rules of Weightlifting for Women and wholeheartedly heart the awesome nutritional guidance that is Berardi's Precision Nutrition. All promote the eating every two to three hours business as well. And, you know, its SOUND advice. But, its also ingrained in me a petrifying fear of going more than a few hours without noshing down a lovely meal of lean protein, veggies, fruit and nuts.
Well, I haven't eaten since yesterday at 7:00p.m. It's now 10:00a.m. and I have not died.
I actually don't even feel bad. I kind of feel... good?
Weird!
So, the plan is to continue not eating every two to three hours until supper this evening, when I'll go back to my normal paleo+cheese eating habits.
Also, I stumbled across this the other day. BRILLIANT! Actually, her entire blog is fantastic. I've whiled away a good chunk of my weekend poking through her posts. Anyhoodle, my Fuck Off list includes coffee, goat cheese and natural peanut butter.
1:00 p.m. Feeling a wee bit peckish but otherwise okay. Kind of like I'd enjoy a handful of macadamia nuts. Filled with spaz energy akin to being a wee bit over-caffeinated.
2:00 p.m. Tummy growling. Cold. Otherwise, fine.
4:00 - Decided to break fast. Had some macadamia nuts. We're off for meat and veggies at a restaurant somewhere.
7:00 - Just got back from The Abbey. I had seared halibut and scallops on a bed of green apple, red peppers and mixed baby greens. It was fabulous and I feel great! I definitely think I will give intermittent fasting another attempt sometime this week, likely Wednesday or Thursday.
1 comment:
Leya what is the purpose of intermittent fasting?
Post a Comment