Saturday, December 09, 2006

Another day, another start of a challenge

So, I'm starting another challenge for the umpteenth time. I'm currently sitting where I was at at week four of my first challenge in terms of size and squishyness. No visable abs by the time I get to Cuba. C'est la vie. This time, it just feels different, though. I don't think I was ready before and just wasn't in the headspace to keep at it. Now, I am and have done all the "Crossing the Abyss" stuff and have it firmly in mind why I'm doing this.

Today is day four and I'm taking my freeday as we're hosting a dinner party and my legs are so trashed I'm walking around like an old man who has shit himself. The legs definitely could use a break before I hit them again with a killer LBWO. So, today is about recovery and tomorrow I'll take a hard wack at it again. Oh, I'm also really pushing the workouts. For the last few attempts I was pussing out on the weight training and being afraid of hitting those 10's. Gotta do it with intensity. So, I'm taking Kerry's adage and putting it into action: Work harder, eat cleaner.

Tracker seems to have mellowed, which is good. I love that site and it always drives me nuts when the board drama keeps me from posting. It's way helpful to be able to talk to other people who're in the midst of a challenge in terms of keeping on track.

No comments: