After hitting the gym this morning, I decided to try my hand at making my own mayo. I like things spicy and savoury so I played a bit with my first batch and came up with Smokey Chili-Garlic mayo. It is really, really yummy and dead simple to make. I just had some on a beef brat for lunch and, yeah, so good. I also grilled up a nice looking red pepper that's going to get blended into one of the jars just as soon as it cools.
Smokey Chili-Garlic Mayo
In a food processor, blend the following until thickened. I emptied the dishwasher while I did this.
2 eggs
1tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp smoked praprika
2 cloves garlic
the juice of half a lemon
Then, while continuing to blend, slowly add:
1 cup olive oil
1 cup walnut oil
1 tbsp chili garlic paste
Put into a glass jar and allow to sit in the fridge for a few hours to thicken. To make the aioli, return to the food processor and blend in one cool, grilled red pepper. *sigh*
Ps. Kind of enjoying that I'm posting a recipe for mayo on what initially was a weight loss blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment