Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Affiliate team training... we've got this!

Over the last week or two, I've pretty much had the same conversation with four of you.  Some of us are feeling a bit down and out.  Like we aren't going to be ready or it's too much.  Or, that you are the weak link and are going to bring the team down or whatever.

Do not listen to your own line of bull shit.

Each of us are there for a reason - we all have our own strengths and weakenesses and we each bring something to the table.  And it's not just whether you're good at long metcons and have a decent snatch.  It's also about personalities and the kind of energy you put out.  We're a good mix of different types of people and I can really see us complimenting each other and helping each other get through any WOD.  We're going to be a great team.  And we're going to handle anything and everything OPT throws at us.

Training last night started out gong show and ended up being a great time at the gym.  Every so often, heavy squats just feel so freaking good.  Last night was one of those nights.  We were doing four sets of heavy three's at 85-90 percent of max.  190 was lovely.  195 was even better.  The first set of 200 felt a bit awkward but the last set was the exercise equivalent of chocolate cheese cake.  And this was all with a busted ass from an awkward split snatch during my warm up.

Overall, I'm feeling really good and training is going well.  It's a nice change from leading up to sectionals where I was struggling, tired and down.  I am really loving the new nutrition plan.  I'm not hungry at all and my strength levels are staying up there.  I'm already down a pant size and the new pants are getting roomy.  Cardio is a little bit impacted but not too badly.  My pet rock felt good (fun times with Kat and Tyler).  Last night, the burpees in the metcon after did have me sucking wind and whining like a baby but otherwise it hasn't been as rough as I thought.  Going to stick with the original plan of keeping those carbs down until two weeks before and then slowly raising them up with some sweet potatoes post WOD to get me ready for the Affiliate Team comp.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey Leya you should try a pre-wod carb before one of the Franish WODs. Try 1-2 blocks of carb from starches with 1-2 blocks protien...no fat(lean meat) about 45 min before.

Try it a couple times to see if it helps you. I bet you will find it kicks in just in time. And that bit shouldn't have any negative effects.