I'm a couple of days into the new schedule. Originally, when I asked Aaron for advice on what to do next, I was going to go to Nationals for powerlifting. Looks like that isn't in the cards for this year so a goal for me in the coming year will be to qualify for it again when I lift at Provincials in the fall. So, this may mean another talk with Aaron to figure out if I want more oly and less powerlifting. Regardless, it's a wackload more cardio than I've done in a while. My cardio is still there, for the most part, but the volume is kicking my butt pretty hard. I can barely type today as I have hand DOMS thanks to Monday's bellswing ladder.
Monday
Oly lift of the day
10 minutes of opposite oly lift on the minute
5-7 minute metcon
Tuesday
5x5 squats
5-7 minute metcon
Wednesday
3x5 press (alternate bench and shoulder... going to just do shoulder press, I think)
10-12 minute metcon
Friday
3x5 front squats
5-7 minute metcon
Saturday
Cardio Party so Painstorm or Hero WOD or a WOD with a trip to the track after.
Skill work like muscle ups, HSPUs, C2B PLUs, deadhangs, weighted ring dips, etc can all be worked into warm ups. I've also been looking at scaling up to using the men's weight in WODs where it makes sense. I've done it twice this week so far and enjoyed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment