Sunday, December 12, 2010

Figuring out my lifts for Last Chance

On the very last day, I got my application in to Ryan to compete in the 2010 Last Chance Powerlifting Meet in Moose Jaw next weekend.  Robin has kindly offered to lend me her singlet and I'm trying to find a tee shirt that covers my delts and reviewing the nine million page document of rules that govern the meet.

I've been playing around with some numbers and I'll make my decision after squats, bench and deadlift on Tuesday night.  I'm just going to think about the numbers in kilos as pounds are about 2.2 times more scary.

For squats, if I get 230lbs for my 5's, I'll go for 108kg, 113kg and 118kgs.  If not, then do 105kg, 110kg and 115kg.  The first set pretty much will get me a double bodyweight 1RM!  I'd be super excited to hit that milestone.

Bench is set.  It's a very weak lift for me and the pause at the bottom makes it really hard.  I'll start with 52kg then try for 54kg and 56kg.

Deadlift is last.  If I get 255lbs for 5, I'll go for 125kg, 130kg and 136kg.  If not, I'll play it a bit safer and go 120kg, 125kg and 130kg.  I'm really wanting 136kg, though.  Really, really badly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Leya! It's cool that you can probably lift me over your head! :D

Robin said...

Good luck this weekend Leya!!