Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back when I was doing "Fit to Strip" as exercise and eating 1300 cals a day of whole wheat muffins and fat free yogurt...

Back when I was doing "Fit to Strip" as exercise and eating 1300 calories a day of whole wheat muffins and fat free yogurt, I set some goals for myself.  No, no, I didn't want a muscle up or an HSPU or to do Fran in under 4:00 minutes or a double body weight deadlift (410lbs, baby - now there's a fucking goal!).  Silly, silly you for thinking that!  No, back when I gauged all my progress on the scale, there was nothing I wanted more than to be 135lbs.

Yes, how exciting.  To go through life with gravity exerting just enough pressure upon me so that a calibrated scale would note in the morning, immediately after getting up and peeing, and while wearing no clothes, that there was exactly 135lbs of pressure being exerted on the ground underneath my stationary feet was a thrilling thought. Imagine that accomplishment!  There could be nothing sweeter!

Well, it's taken five years but today I finally got to experience that tingling thrill.  And let me tell you, it doesn't really mean a damn thing.  I am sorry to report that there really is nothing different about today than yesterday.  Or the day before that when I weighed something other than 135lbs.  Robin, did point out one special and exciting benefit.  When I'm doing body weight squats, it's super easy putting a pair of 45's on a bar. I'll let you know if she's right.

Edited to add:
I can't believe I actually typed the following sentence. 

"Since I am a couch potato with no lung capacity, I’ve been sticking with the 40 minute basic routine and will add in stripper moves when I’m ready."

2 comments:

Tyler said...

My, how far we've all come. ESPECIALLY YOU.

Still, I think this fit to strip thing could form the basis of a future CrossFit road trip.

Amy said...

I remember those days. Fat-free Entemman's cake, pouring the oil off of peanut butter, and all-you-can-drink diet soda. Ugh. No wonder my metablolism was screwed up. You continue to feed my inspiration for achieving your goals :).