Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Who ran me over with a truck?

Man, I am happy it's a rest day. Kind of feeling a bit beat up. I thought my shoulders would be the crankiest but it's my arse and hammies that are feeling the most foul.

09-08-25
AMRAP 20 of:
12 25/45lb plate push press
12 strict K2E
200m run

Ubered with the guy weight but had a bit of a kip to my K2Es so no star. :( Managed 5 rounds+12+12+40m. It was a good one. Worked on jumping MU from a 20" box. I can get the transition but the ring dip eludes me. I get half ways before poopng out and then just hang there up on the rings, arms half extended, swinging in the breeze. Yep.

09-08-24
Diane! I've never tackled this benchmark before and, one day, I hope to rx it. Tyler linked to a ridonkulous video of Brett Marshall burning through the same WOD with HSPUs faster than my PUs. Kind of crazy!

My time was 15:23 with rx'd deads and HSPU negatives to two ab mats. After was strength club and I don't know if Diane had me nice and warm or what but it was actually a pretty decent night for heavy lifting.

Squats 3x5 @ 165lbs
Shoulder Press 3X5 @ 68lbs
Deadlift 1x5 @ 210lbs

09-08-23
5X5 Push Press at 65, 75, 85, 90x2, 85
1km run @ 4:35
423 skips in 4:35

Was a bit disappointed with push press.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Maybe you could try working a knee drive into your dip. I think again faster had a video.

lean forward and bring you knees up to your chest. then hammer...drive your feet down while you push-up on the rings. I do this to do them really fast.

Leya said...

Thanks, Chris. I am off to go hunt for that video. I want ring dips solid before Saskatoon.